8.4.10

Up in the air

In two days, my sweet girl finally gets her kite party. We've only talked about it for ... oh ... two months or so. I've painstakingly planned the small details: the kites in a variety of patterns and designs, the cupcakes which will be smothered in pale blue icing with kite candy on top, the grab bags filled with toys meant to be thrown and flown, and the dress with the adorable kite applique.

But it's all been hypothetical and mind-strewn until today. The doorbell just rang and on the porch there sat a box full of the cutest kite-shaped cookies! You can tell I've been planning this a long time because the baker of these gorgeous sweet treats is none other than Cristin of Sneaky Sweet. You may have heard of her back when Amy hosted a giveaway. (Go look at the delicious butterfly cookies Amy received!)
Cristin was so patient with me as I hemmed and hawed about what I wanted, in what color, and when I wanted the goodies to arrive. Not only did she walk me through the process, she made sure the cookies arrived in plenty of time for the party and packaged them so well that not a single cookie so much as cracked during the shipping. And look at the sweet ribbons!

I can't wait to see Bella's face light up when she sees a cookie with her very own name on it! I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures of her little friends gobbling up their kite cookies as they fly kites and run wild at the park on Saturday.
Thanks again, Cristin! I'm so pleased with your service and talent -- you'll be hearing from me again!

11 comments:

  • Anonymous

    I'm SO glad none of the kite strings cracked during shipping! I was a little worried about that, they're so delicate.

    I'm glad you're pleased with them, I hope Bella is too!

  • Kelly Miller

    Nope, you did a great job with the packaging. I wish one was broken so I'd have an excuse to open it and do some taste testing. I can already tell it's going to be a long two days until we finally take some bites!

  • Anonymous

    Wow! Those cookies look amazing! She did a fantastic job. I can't wait to see pictures of Bella's party. She's going to have a great day!

  • CaneWife

    Gorgeous! Bella is going to have an awesome party!

  • Katie Jones

    I love the cookies! Bella's party sounds like a blast. I can't wait to see pictures.

    The planning is fun, but I'm looking forward just a bit to that part being over. Here's a good luck wish for both of us getting through the full-court press of getting these parties pulled together for Saturday!

  • Kelly Miller

    Amen, Katie! I didn't admit this yet, but I've given up on sewing the dress. Truthfully, she couldn't care less and no one will even notice except for me. It's a park party and she'll go in a park dress and that will be that.

    I'm so ready for some long months of no birthdays and no holidays!

  • TKW

    Those are darling! I love the idea of a kite party! You are so clever!

  • Anonymous

    Cute, cute, cute! The other day, I ordered some sugar cookies shaped like tea cups for Charlotte's big day. Can't wait to see the kids with them!

  • Draft Queen

    Gorgeous!

  • Anonymous

    *HUGS* Love the cookies!
    In response to your comment on my post about breastfeeding: Dude. You do what you have to do. A baby's gotta eat! I just get tired of women getting defensive about 'breast is best.' Well, of COURSE it is. But what's best for me may not be best for you. Or like in your case may not be physically possible. I'm sure that a million years ago (or one-hundred) if a woman couldn't nurse her baby there was another women who would nurse her child so that the child would thrive. After all, formula didn't exist back then. Thank you for your comment and for sharing your story. I lubs my Kelly.

  • Cheryl

    They're almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! (If you want an emailed response, be sure to enable email in your Blogger settings -- see a tutorial here.)

Now. Spill it!