She told me this morning as we snuggled together, "I'm gonna pway wid my fwiens in ma doffin pood at my nother birthday party on Sattahday." Nothing I say can convince her there won't be a party full of friends playing in her dolphin pool. We'll see how she takes it when Saturday rolls around.
But if you had a day like this, wouldn't you want it to go on forever?
- Either serve finger sandwiches or serve hot dogs because if you put hot dogs on the table, the finger sandwiches will go uneaten.
- No matter how cute the cupcakes are, my child will still only eat the frosting and then beg for ice cream.
- Fruit is the only side you need, but don't spend your money or time on sliced apples. Watermelon, strawberries, and grapes will be gobbled up in record time will the apples just brown.
- Don't try to transport tea to the party. It'll just slosh everywhere while your guests blow through canned sodas and juice boxes.
- Even though it's early April and chilly in the morning, go ahead and slather on the sunscreen. Your children will thank you.
- Designate a party photographer because you will not remember to take the pictures you want.
But today is glorious because parties and holidays are behind us until ... September I think. Dude. That makes me smile more than this does: