7.5.08

Checking in

In case you've been living under a rock: My laptop died. With it went my April 2008 folder chock full of Bella pictures. However, I am a good girl and always update my Flickr page. I am also a lazy girl so I do not want to download those pictures so that I can write a letter to Bella. But I will. Because how can I stop now after 12 months of letters?

In other news: I took the kids with me to vote yesterday. Bella wouldn't sit or stand still while I was in the voting booth, so I pushed her in the general direction of Javi - who was casting his own vote. After staring at the ballot and only voting in a handful of available elections (bc I've been told DON'T VOTE if you don't know who to vote for. DO NOT vote for someone based on a) name recognition or b) how cool the name is), I moseyed (moseied? mosey-ed?) over to see how my loving children were making out.

Guess what? BELLA WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Okay, that's an exaggeration. I could see the top of her fluffy head about eight tables down in the empty cafeteria adjacent to the voting area. Javi was busy being Javi (you know, extolling the virtues of REY MYSTERIO 619!!!! and marveling over how BARRACK OBAMA CHOKE-SLAMMED HILLARY CLINTON ON RAW - OH YES HE DID AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!) and couldn't care less whether his sister was stuffing her face with dust bunnies or sticking her fingers in electrical outlets.

The good news is that when I called Bella's name, she came toddling down the aisle to me with the brightest, happiest smile as if to say THANKS FOR TAKING ME OUT OF THE HOUSE MAMA - IT'S BEEN WONDERFUL. The bad news is I then got the genius idea to walk down to the nearby pond and let the kids run wild for a bit.

It would've been okay except that Javi lost his shoe in water drainage mud pit and Bella tried to eat the gravel (and the grass and the flowers and some random trash). Javi then had a rock throwing contest with his friend Darrian (who was along for the ride) and wound up hitting a baby turtle who was floating just under the surface.* I'm down with being a country boy who must THROW THINGS and MAKE NOISE and BE DISGUSTING but I draw the line at turtles. I'm the girl who stops her car to move turtles out of the road, okay. There's a line and he crossed it.

So we all trudged back - Darrian burning up in a pair of sweat pants, Javi crying because his shoes are muddy, Bella trying to suck the last drop of warm milk out of her sippy cup, and me in my flip flops that don't quite fit both my feet (yes, one foot is too big for the darned things ... but I paid $4.43 - how can I just toss them away and buy another pair? HOW?)...

Luckily we all made it out alive - even if I didn't have a camera with me for evidence. I plan to retrieve my camera from its new home on Dana's desk (because I've been too lazy to drive to ReMax) today so that I can begin re-establishing my picture files. In the meantime, here's a little something to get you through the day:

wanting the paci

*yes, the turtle survived too

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! (If you want an emailed response, be sure to enable email in your Blogger settings -- see a tutorial here.)

Now. Spill it!