4.8.11

Words

We are ships in the night,
except he's there and I'm here.
There is so much between us:
years, children, cars, vacations, a mortgage.

I remember the days, the nights
when we were flesh to flesh
and nothing could fit between us,
not kids, not bills, not air.

He filled me up. With words
written, spoken, laughed. With his body,
warm and ready and all mine.
He and I were enough, together.

How long since a gentle word
passed between us? Him over there,
me over here, space growing wider.
No one can change it except us.

Tonight's agenda: Conversation that reignites
a dampening fire. Tonight, we'll speak
with words, and bodies, and more.

***This post is part of Six Word Fridays.***

9 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! (If you want an emailed response, be sure to enable email in your Blogger settings -- see a tutorial here.)

Now. Spill it!