18.1.11

Marching On

I've been sick every day of 2011. Every single day. It's easy to count your sick days when they correspond with January 1 (or December 31 in my case); not so easy to think of them as sick days when life marches on anyway.

Sick days can still be full of great stuff though. Like a little girl who shines like sun when you turn the camera on her.


And getting a quirky photo of yourself when you hand that little shining star your camera. (Posting the photo means ignoring that you can see how I was covered in a full-body rash [day 3 of fever] and all the clutter in the background...)


And your 10 year old in footed camouflage pajamas ... which you have no photo of because he refuses to let you take one and you're too busy coughing to chase him down.

That's life. Marching on.

***This post is part of Wordful Wednesday.***

13 comments:

  • More Than Words

    Oh no..you poor thing!! That's a long time to be sick. But, I love the smile on your face!

  • The Mommy Mambo

    Wow! You managed a smile while sick? High five! Can hardly see the rash...well..somewhat!? LOL I say snag the 10 year old's photo when he's not looking. He'll thank you for it one day.

    Just snoopin' from Parenting by Dummies!

  • Cheri

    What a gorgeous smile for a sickie! Hope you are better soon. I haven't been sick all of 2011 - but today marks a full week...

  • Unknown

    okay how on earth do you look good when you are sick...not fair, love your smile and of course your daughter cause she is adorable!!

  • Corinne Cunningham

    You look fantastic! You'd never know you were sick :)
    Hope you feel better soon... and your girl? She is SO cute!!

  • Rudri

    You look great Kelly! Based on that smile, no one know you were sick. Hope you feel better soon.

  • Dumb Mom

    Oh my gosh! Hope you get well soon. Fun shot though!

  • Jessica

    Seriously, I may just hope to be sick if I can look as stunning as you in that picture! Bella is such your spitting image. Gorgeous, sunshiny girl. Noah is the same as Javi...never wanting his picture made, despite my desperate begging and pleading and bribing. I'm wondering if he'll grow out of it, but loving his naturally shy personality just the same.

  • Anonymous

    There are brighter days ahead...there has to be! I'm pulling for you (with what little energy I have left of my own). March on my friend!

  • {Stephanie}The Drama Mama

    Oh man, Kelly!! Ugh, being sick is the worst. I really hope that you feel better very soon.

    --The Drama Mama

  • Sofia's Ideas

    Oh goodness gracious! But I'm so glad you are feeling better! :)

  • Hyacynth

    You look darn good in that picture -- can barely tell that you had a skin thing happening.
    Also? You're probably just getting the sickness out of the way for the rest of 2011. Right?

  • Jami

    You have a beautiful smile even when you're sick? That's a trick I can't do. :)
    Feel better.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! (If you want an emailed response, be sure to enable email in your Blogger settings -- see a tutorial here.)

Now. Spill it!