6.8.10

So !!! it makes my eyes water -- or maybe that's chlorine

I've been swamped with work and meetings this week. I even mean that literally considering I left my windows down in the car (you know, that one time all summer I actually used the windows) and a crazy storm rolled through. So the doors have been open for hours now and the car is still swampy. Enter my most private and enduring motto:

A snickers would make everything better.

But guess what? My baby girl learned to canon ball! And we only had heat in the double digits this week! And Javi's medication has been working super well so it's like living with a 9 year old and a 3 year old rather than two 3 year olds! And we're going to see a musical production of The Jungle Book tonight!

There's just so much !!! that my eyes water when I think about it. (Or maybe that's fatigue.) Just look at these pictures. Can you feel it?








I am immersed in it. Floating. Zero gravity. Bring on the weekend!

***This post is part of !!!/!!!, Six Word Fridays, and Feel Good Fridays.***

15 comments:

  • allison

    So happy for you. My daughter is still too scared to jump in. Very exciting moment.

  • BigLittleWolf

    Love the pictures! And I loved this: A snickers would make everything better.

    Right there with you on that!

  • melissa

    They say it really satisfies you.

    Chlorine, fatigue, or !!! ... either one. ;)

  • C (Kid Things)

    Love the pictures, so fun! That pool, okay pretty much any pool these days, looks awesome.

  • This Ro(a)mantic Life

    That. Looks. Awesome. Hooray for all of it! I imagine Bella must have loved having a big brother there to catch her.

  • Anonymous

    great photos! snickers are tempting little devils.

  • Debbie

    glad to know that there are so many postives!!!! the kids look like they are having a blast!!

  • Unknown

    They are so cute and happy. I LOVE them!

  • ck

    What fantastic photographs. I love how the water somehow promotes sibling love. My kids could be yelling and screaming the whole way to the pool or the beach, but once they're in the water they love each other again.

    And a Snickers ALWAYS makes everything better. (At least at my house, anyway.)

  • The Drama Mama

    That looks vaguely familiar. I think we did some of that this summer, too. It's been a lot of fun!

  • Rudri

    Your right - snickers makes everything better. Love the pool pics and glad they are having a great time.

  • Dalia - Gen X Mom

    So awesome. See, look on the bright side and you will smell roses :)

  • Anonymous

    I can feel it, and I'm so happy for it and for you! Lovely, just lovely.

  • Jersey Girl Gets Real

    There is something about that older brother younger sister thing. My son and daughter have it too. We just went to a baseball game. On the way to the car my 17 year old son was holding his 9 year old sister's hand. I started snapping pictures from behind because it was the sweetest thing I had ever seen (next to your daughter's cannonball of course).

  • Dumb Mom

    Swimming !!! is my favorite sort. Because really, I don't even like going to the pool. Putting all this chubby in a suit, chasing the toddler around the pool, cleaning up the mess of it all...not fun. Until I see their faces and then !!! all day long:)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! (If you want an emailed response, be sure to enable email in your Blogger settings -- see a tutorial here.)

Now. Spill it!