12.11.09

GTT: Fictional Five

The girls over at Girl Talk Thursday are talking about those fictional folks who make you suck in your breath, check your heart rate, and squirm a little in your seat. These are mine:

5. Michael Curry, The Witching Hour



There is no photo of Michael Curry, and I read somewhere a long time ago that Mel Gibson (blech!) had been approached about playing his character in a film adaptation of The Witching Hour. But I just re-read the Mayfair Trilogy for the 7 millionth time since I first discovered the TWH back in the early 90s and throughout, when I imagined Michael, it was Jason Patric who flashed up in mind. To be touched by Michael's cold leather gloves, to feel his piercing gaze, to have this warlock weilding hammers and wit in my honor. Oh my boobies.

4. Puck, Glee



If you didn't know me in high school and college, then you may not know that I have a thing for a bad boy. Not just an "I'm a good girl who likes to flirt with the dark side" thing, but an honest-to-goodness "I used to have a boyfriend in prison" thing. I still have a hard time not salivating over a rough and tumble man who flaunts the law and does what the hell he wants -- to hell with the consequences.

However, I also have two children and a mortgage. And a husband without a prison record. So, the most harm I can do to myself is lust after young punks who will most likely wind up serving time somewhere. The dark, beautiful kind like Puck are the ones that make me close my eyes and remember sneaking out as soon as my mom fell asleep, spending all night pretending that the rest of the world didn't matter, and feeling on-nerve's-end until I could be with my chosen troublemaker again.

3. Jacob Black, Twilight



I have no shame in admitting that I am on Team Jacob. Edward's great, but I prefer my men hot and on a motorcycle, not sneaking into my room to watch me sleep and then treating me like a moron who can't make decisions for herself. Edward = Stalker; Jacob = Rawr.

However, Taylor Lautner is not my Jacob Black. I've said this 80 million times, but Taylor Lautner played SharkBoy (one of Javi's favorite characters of all time) and he's a voice on Danny Phantom (another of Javi's favorite shows). My Jacob Black is Steven Strait. Oh my lord in heaven. That man does things with a look that Taylor couldn't do with eight hands and three tongues. Er, that's a lot people.

2. Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice (BBC adaptation)



Pride and Prejudice was one of the first "classic" books I ever read, and it immediately become a life-long favorite. So how could I not fall in love with the BBC's adaptation starring Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy? The smouldering stare, the desire barely contained, the utter craving he feels for Elizabeth. I'm not the only one still longing for Mr. Darcy. Colin Firth likes to joke that if he changed professions and became an astronaut, the media would report, "Mr. Darcy Heads To The Moon." Amen, media!

1. Noah Calhoun, The Notebook




Oh my boobies. This scene where Noah and Allie were in the canoe and it started raining and they got back to the dock and she started to walk away but couldn't. She confronted him there in the rain and he revealed that he never did and then says The Line. "It wasn't over. It STILL isn't over." And then he sweeps her up. And oh my sweet boobies again. This. This. This. Too be loved like this.

Runners up: Johnny Castle from Dirty Dancing, Jason Morgan from General Hospital, James Sawyer from Lost, Jack Linden as portrayed by Mark Ruffalo, Will Schuester from Glee, Warrick Brown from CSI, Julia from Hideous Kinky (as played by Kate Winslet), Sirius Black and Remus Lupin from Harry Potter, Metatron from Dogma (and so many other of Alan Rickman's characters), Cassidy from The Wrestler, Seth Gecko from From Dusk Til Dawn, Antonio Banderas in Desperado, Troy Tatterton from V.C. Andrews' Casteel series, and so many more!

13 comments:

  • Diane

    WARRICK. I am still pained by that one. Much love for Warrick.

  • Unknown

    I'm totally with you on Team Jacob!

  • Della

    Your picture of puck looked at my boobies.

  • Becky Mochaface

    Finally, FINALLY! Someone posted Darcy. Totally love him.

  • Renee

    I love this post, I think I'll have to do one now...

  • Anonymous

    Still laughing at "oh my boobies". Also, I don't want to like, get mobbed, but I haven't ever seen the notebook because I thought it would be cheesy, but several things have happened leading me to believe it just might be an awesome movie. I am totally renting it tomorrow. I will wear a protective boobie shield. :)

  • Anonymous

    Still laughing at "oh my boobies". Also, I don't want to like, get mobbed, but I haven't ever seen the notebook because I thought it would be cheesy, but several things have happened leading me to believe it just might be an awesome movie. I am totally renting it tomorrow. I will wear a protective boobie shield. :)

  • Kelly

    idigress - click the link in my description. It's all the reason you need to watch the notebook!

  • Vic

    Having never read P&P, I can't really comment on that Mr Darcy, however the one in P&P&Zombies was definitely under consideration!

  • pamela

    "oh my boobies"


    oooh now im going to start using that phrase.. how could i forget about noah.. OMH HOT HOT HOT

  • Ellie

    I've never watched Glee but I will have to because apparently its packed with hotties. So I must watch lol.

    Oh, and Noah. Noah, Noah, Noah. That is one of my favorite scenes in the Notebook. And the ending...made me cry like a baby.

  • Jen

    OOh. That Puck. I might have to tune in and get a little more of him. Thanks for the tip. And now I will have to come up with my five, I suppose. Tough assignment!

  • Cheryl

    You will greatly enjoy Mr. Schue in tonight's Glee. *tingle* There was not enough Puck, though IMO. I also heart Jason Morgan and Sirius Black. Great list and runners up!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! (If you want an emailed response, be sure to enable email in your Blogger settings -- see a tutorial here.)

Now. Spill it!